Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My child is not a downs-child!

I don't know what it is, but I cant stand when people talk about kids with special needs or with a disability like the ADHD kid or the downs kid.....Kristofer is not a downs kid! He is just a normal kid with down syndrome. And here in Iceland people call them downsara, I mean what is that?? I don't know why this get´s so on my nerves but it gets under my skin and makes me want to scream!

I was at a meeting about Kristofer today and I was told that Kristofer has down syndrome like 10 times in these 45 minutes and in every other sentence....I know he has down syndrome and I have known since the day he was born and there is no need to tell me that like I don't know. I don't understand why they cant just talk about Kristofer as a persona and not having the need to say it out loud every 5 minutes that he has downs. But the good thing is that most people that work with Kristofer just talk about him...Kristofer, but I just had to get this out!

My prince charming!

3 comments:

  1. Aww he is getting so big!!! And your header photo is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    I guess it's the same everywhere! People often use the term "downs" here too, I can't stand it either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100%. I try to always model the correct usage of the words Down syndrome but most people don't listen. Oh well!

    Kristofer is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete